GoldenEye® Antibiotic 0.5% w/v Eye Drops
GoldenEye® Antibiotic 0.5% w/v Eye Drops are a convenient eye treatment containing Chloramphenicol - an antibiotic ingredient for the treatment of acute bacterial conjunctivitis, which is an infection of the front surfaces of the eye.
If your local pharmacy does not stock GoldenEye®, please print out the page and ask them to order it for you
- Suitable for use by adults and children over 2 years
- 5-day course
- Available without prescription
- Can be used in conjunction with GoldenEye® Antribiotic 1% w/w Chloramphenicol Eye Ointment*
* If using GoldenEye® Antibiotic 0.5% w/v Eye Drops during the day and the GoldenEye® Antibiotic 1% w/w Chloramphenicol Eye Ointment at night, apply the Ointment before going to bed.
Before you use GoldenEye® Antibiotic 0.5% w/v Eye Drops:
- Ensure the bottle is sterile until opened. Do not use if the seal is broken.
- If you wear contact lenses and have been advised to use GoldenEye® Antibiotic 0.5% w/v Eye Drops by a doctor, pharmacist or contact lens practitioner:
- Do not wear contact lenses during the course of the treatment.
- Soft Contact lenses should not be used for 24 hours after completing treatment.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- If your condition does not improve within 48 hours, consult your pharmacist or doctor. If your symptoms get worse seek medical advice at once.
PLEASE REFER TO THE PATIENT INFORMATION LEAFLET ABOUT HOW TO USE