GoldenEye® Antibiotic 1% w/w Chloramphenicol Eye Ointment
GoldenEye® Antibiotic 1% w/w Chloramphenicol Eye Ointment is a convenient treatment containing an antibiotic ingredient - Chloramphenicol (1% w/w) - to treat acute bacterial conjunctivitis.
If your local pharmacy does not stock GoldenEye®, please print out the page and ask them to order it for you
- No need to refrigerate
- Can be used at night
- Suitable for use by adults and children over 2 years
- Available without prescription
- Can be used in conjunction with GoldenEye® Antibiotic Drops*
* If using GoldenEye® Antibiotic 0.5% w/v Eye Drops during the day and the GoldenEye® Antibiotic 1% w/w Chloramphenicol Eye Ointment at night, apply the Ointment before going to bed.
Before you use GoldenEye® 1% w/w Chloramphenicol Eye Ointment:
- The tube is sterile until opened. Do not use if the seal is broken.
- If you wear contact lenses and have been advised to use GoldenEye® 0.1% w/v Eye Drops Solution by a doctor, pharmacist or contact lens practitioner: - Do not wear contact lenses during the course of the treatment.
- Soft Contact lenses should not be used for 24 hours after completing treatment.
- Wash your hands before and after use
- If your condition does not improve within 48 hours, consult your pharmacist or doctor. If your symptoms get worse seek medical advice at once.
PLEASE REFER TO THE PATIENT INFORMATION LEAFLET ABOUT HOW TO USE