GoldenEye® 0.1% w/v Eye Drops Solution
GoldenEye® 0.1% w/v Eye Drops Solution contains the active ingredient Propamidine isetionate, to kill bacteria associated with eye and eyelid infections like conjunctivitis and blepharitis (inflammation of the eyelids).
If your local pharmacy does not stock GoldenEye®, please print out the page and ask them to order it for you
- Available without prescription
- Can be used in conjunction with GoldenEye® Ointment*
- Do not wear contact lenses whilst using the Drops, as they could become discoloured.
* If using GoldenEye® 0.1% w/v Eye Drops Solution during the day and the GoldenEye® 0.15% w/w Eye Ointment at night, apply the Ointment before going to bed.
Before you use Golden Eye 0.1% w/v Eye Drops Solution:
- Ensure the bottle is sterile until opened. Do not use if the seal is broken.
- If you wear contact lenses and have been advised to use GoldenEye® 0.1% w/v Eye Drops Solution by a doctor, pharmacist or contact lens practitioner:
- Do not wear contact lenses while using the drops.
- If you wear hard contact lenses or disposable contact lenses, you can start wearing them again after you have finished using the drops.
- If you wear soft contact lenses you should wait 24 hours after finishing using the drops before starting to use them again. Benzalkonium chloride is known to discolour soft contact lenses.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- If your condition does not improve after 2 days, stop use and consult your pharmacist or doctor
PLEASE REFER TO THE PATIENT INFORMATION LEAFLET ABOUT HOW TO USE.